Thursday, August 20, 2009
Jack's Army Party
For Jack's 8th birthday party he wanted to have an army party like his friend Calvin did since we now have woods too! It was really a fun party, I was a little worried at first when it rained all morning but by party time it was nice enough to be outside most of the time.
Here is the crew, Jack was lucky enough to have his friend Matthew from Minnesota come all the way for the party and even stay a few days. I was lucky enough to have Monica there who took awesome pictures of the party! Thanks for coming down you guys.
Matthew, Levi, and Jack
Can you see him?
We launched water balloons too, I found this slingshot at HyVee while picking up some last minute things and it worked pretty good, they shot at a dumptruck in the distance and pop cans.
Grandpa Rex waiting to spray the kids after they get ambushed during their scavenger hunt.
Grandpa Ken was hiding in the trees as they found their treasure and got them with a squirtgun, poor Selah is trying to defend herself!
But they did get the treasure, brave Layken went back to get it!
Here is trouble!
Jude following the kids around during the scavenger hunt, he didn't want to miss a minute.
I think they went this way Gramps!
All the kids and Grandpas were great sports about painting their faces in camo.
Selah was more than happy to help me out with the painting.
Luke wanted his face painted but we had to convince him to leave it for the party and not wash it off right away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are the best Mom ever! I want to have an Army party! The cake is incredible! You are amazing! Miss you at New Life, so much! (I think you need to put some belly shots on your blog...since I can't see your "progression" in person!)
ReplyDeleteJanelle