Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Books and Egg Hunt

It has been so long since I've posted! We have been busy and I have been tired but, these are a few of the books and things we are doing this Easter. I feel like we have been so busy that it is nice today to just hang out, clean and do a few of these things. I am sad to miss Easter with family though! The Prince and the Poison Cup by R.C Sproul, this book is awesome, another one I really can't get through without crying. It is about a Prince who has to drink a poison cup and die to save the people of his father's kingdom. Every time I get choked up as he starts to drink the cup, and Jack always says to me "Mommy, you know what is going to happen, he comes back to life!" and I tell him "I know buddy but I'm just so grateful!"
Our Resurrection Eggs that I made at MOPS one year, Luke and Selah are really into these this year and Jack and I take turns reading the story.
This book is great too, Peter's First Easter. From Peter's perspective the Last Supper all the way through Easter week. I love Peter, and to hear the story through his eyes gets me too! Jack has really liked this one this year.
We did have an egg hunt at Miss Monica's house with Mathew, Hannah, Carter, Grace, and Nora, and it was really fun. Thank you Monica and Jenny for taking this over, all I had to do was show up!
Luke got a basketful! Note that the rules were that only the girls got the pink ones, and Luke is my little rule follower, what happened?
Monica got a great picture of Jack over at her blog, he is forever with his sunglasses on!
Selah took the slow and steady route and didn't get quite as many but had so much fun with her friends! Plus, Luke picked up some pink ones for her right?
We also did Resurrection Biscuits today with the marshmallow baked inside of biscuits or crescent rolls rolled in cinnamon and sugar. When I asked them what they thought would happen, Jack said of course the marshmallows would disappear, isn't it obvious? Except that he pronounced obvious wrong. They did like the empty tomb correlation. Luke told me he wanted Jesus to wear blue like Thomas. Jack told him that yes Jesus did have like a blue scarf on over his white clothes. Really, this was their conversation.
My sister was going to actually make a tomb out of clay and put Jesus in it tonight, seal it, and tomorrow morning have him out on top victorious over death so her kids can wake up Easter morning and see him there! Pretty cool, if she does maybe she can send me pictures or let me know how it went for us to try next year!
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment